Wednesday, January 15, 2014

King David as you've never known him before

A lovely review for my bestseller novel, Rise to Power:


5.0 out of 5 stars King David as you've never known him beforeJanuary 15, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Uvi has an amazing ability to set a scene, and in Rise to Power, she does it beautifully. There's a a kind of natural formality (if that is not a complete oxymoron) to her descriptions that works beautifully with a biblical setting, and part of what makes her story telling so compelling is that that formality of setting contrasts with the characters themselves. She brings these biblical characters to life in a way that is perfectly relatable and understandable. Their thoughts and dialogue are not in any way stilted or old fashioned. They are vibrant and alive.
Somehow, even though we know the outlines of the story, we become completely engrossed, wanting to know how the story we are familiar with will be filled out. On my first reading, I became so engrossed as I read it on a bus that I missed my stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment