Monday, May 26, 2014

Very moving!

I am deeply touched by the lovely review written by Siggy Buckley, the author of NEXT TIME LUCKY: Lessons of a Matchmaker. Siggy recently appeared on NPR with Melissa Ross' First Coast Connect on Home Swapping and her book on dating. This is what she wrote for my poetry book, Home:

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving!May 26, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Home (Audible Audio Edition)
I had admired Uvi Poznansky's exquisite art work and poems on Facebook for a while until I yesterday read her book "Home"- yes in one sitting; I couldn't put it down.
Both her poems and her prose are spellbinding manifestations of deep emotions and the essence of life. The poems of her father, Z. Kachel impressed and touched me equally. Astonishingly, they had never been published before. Though some were written decades ago, they still possess the same enduring quality when he talks about suffering, life, loss and death. Though stylistically different, both poets remind me of the works of Nelly Sachs and Paul Celan.
I will read the book again and choose my favorites. Highly recommended. I would have loved to see a couple of Uvi's drawings interspersed.

No comments:

Post a Comment