Friday, June 20, 2014

David decides to tell the true story of his early years

I am honored to get this review is from a reader who is not only a truck driver who has seen most of the continental US through her work, and who is a poet as well!  Cindy J. Smith is the author of Voices In My Head and other books. This is what she wrote about Rise to Power:


5.0 out of 5 stars David's story unabridgedJune 18, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Rise to Power (The David Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Uvi has written a powerful story of King David from the bible, an "autobiography" of sorts. It starts with David being old and possibly mentally infirm. He decides to tell the true story of his early years.

I love the statement she makes about history being the story the victors want you to believe. It is so true of most historical facts.

Her story relates a version of David that I have always felt to be true. I never could figure out why he is revered as a pious man when his actions belied the description.

This book is well written and I believe the series will be a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment