Monday, September 1, 2014

Pain and Beauty

I am so touched by this lovely, heartfelt review by Linda Whitehead Humbert for Home:

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain and BeautyAugust 31, 2014
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Home (Kindle Edition)
Although I have read several of Ms. Poznansky's books, none have touched me more deeply than Home. Before the first 10 pages, I was not only in tears, but that melancholic ache that I often feel when hearing certain pieces of music, or reading about Ireland and Scotland (where my ancestors came from) descended deeply into my chest, and as of yet not faded. I suppose that part of the ache is because I can feel tiny parts of the horror that not only Holocaust survivors lived through, but the survivor's children as well. That great cost of inexplicable evil should never be forgotten. Both the prose and the poetry stirred me deeply, and I wept for that boy who endured so much, the angry man who could not control his darkness, and the lonely man who had no idea how his words would soar and live. Both authors are forever embedded into my soul. It was an honor and privilege to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment