Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Love Story

Gifted author D. G. Kaye lives in Toronto, Canada and writes about her life experiences, matters of the heart, and women's issues. She also has a wonderful blog, be sure to visit it here. I am truly honored to find her review of The Music of Us:


on July 28, 2016
This was a beautifully written story by Poznansky who has a gift of bringing her readers into the story. The story begins in the 70s when Lenny, a former marine in WWII invites us into his life with his beloved wife Natasha, a concert pianist. As Natasha is progressing with an early onset of dementia, Lenny's love and hope for her to stay in the present, takes us into the story, told in reflection by Lenny. As we learn about their first meeting, and Lenny's adoration for the young girl Natasha, we follow their relationship through the obstacles they endured through wartime, and missed opportunities amongst themselves, including Natasha's over-bearing mother who tried to keep them apart. But we learn, love has no boundaries. A most beautiful read.

4 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful book Uvi. I look forward to reading more of your books. I have at least 3 more of them on my reader. Just trying to get through my TBR and promised reads. Thank you for sharing the review here and the lovely intro. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Debby, music to my ears... Love your review, it's simply beautiful!

      Delete
  2. It was my pleasure to read Uvi. :) I will be posting my review of this book on my Sunday book reviews Aug. 28th. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great, thank you Debbie! When you do, give me the link so I can tweet it :)

      Delete